SSI FREEDIVING ITC LEVEL 2 REQUIREMENTS AND ASSESSMENTS
Applicants for the Level 2 Freediving Instructor rating should be physically fit and Flexible individuals that can display outstanding watermanship.
Applicants must be accomplished Level 3 Freedivers
The SSI Level 2 Freediving Instructor rating will require the following:
•Complete all Review answer sheets required for the L2 FITC Study guides / workbooks.
•Attend all FITC Academic Instructor presentation sessions.
SSI Level 2 Freediver Instructor Applicants
The Instructor applicant must achieve a 90% pass rate in the Level 1 – 2 – 3 STUDENT Freediver Final Exams
• If the applicant achieves a mark below 90% they may retake the exam the following day.
• If the Instructor applicant achieves a mark below 90% on the second attempt they will fail the entire course and can re-apply for another IE within 12 months.
NOTE: It is the responsibility of the Instructor applicant to fully familiarise themselves with the SSI level 1-2 Freediver
SSI FREEDIVING Level 2 Instructor Final Exam
The applicants must achieve a 90% pass rate in the Level 1-2 INSTRUCTOR Final Exams
• If the Instructor applicant fails to achieve 90% they may take the exam the following day.
• If the Instructor applicant fails to achieve 90% twice they will fail the entire IE, and may reapply for the next Freediving IE.
NOTE: The Applicant will have to complete 2 x passing Academic Presentations and 2 x passing In-water presentations on freediving specific topics.
In Water Performance Requirements
The Instructor applicant must achieve a 100% In Water pass rate. All in-water performance requirements are PASS/FAIL tasks. If a candidate fails one point then he/she may redo the performance the following day.
If the Instructor applicant fails the performance the second time, he/she is not given a third chance during the same FITC. He/she will then get a completion form and can redo the failed performance within 12 months with another or the same Freediving Instructor Trainer. If the Freediving Instructor applicant fails more than two in-water performances twice, the candidate will fail the entire IE and can re-apply for another IE within 12 months.
All the in-water Performance Requirements where the Instructor applicant has to use fins must be performed with Stereo fins (Bi-Fins) e.g. no mono fins.
• Perform a swim of 800m using mask, snorkel and fins within 15 minutes
• Perform a swim of 400m (No Fins – buoyancy device or snorkel) within 10 minutes (any stroke)
• Freedive to minimum 40m depth competently / on demand for a minimum dive time of 1.30
• Freedive to 20m and hang for an unknown time then rescue another Freediver from simulated blackout (BO) from that depth.
• Endurance examination – max 1min preparation, 5 dives to 20m with 1 min surface interval between dives .
• Shallow Water Blackout (SWB) rescue from 20m and demonstrate a 50m tow.
• Perform pool disciplines Dynamic (DYN) with BIFINS – minimum 100m.
• Perform pool disciplines DYN w/o fins – minimum 50m.
• Perform a Static breath-hold minimum of 4:00 minutes.
• Demonstrate Blackout (BO)/Loss of Motor Control (LMC) rescue skills during pool sessions.
• Demonstrate proper rope/buoy/lanyard rigging for an open water freediving session.
If the Instructor applicant has an equalisation problem then they may retake the in water performance requirements at a determined date in the presence of an SSI FIT within 6 months.
Successful Candidates / Instructors who pass the SSI Level 2 Freediving ITC will be Eligible to start teaching the SSI Basic, Level 1 and Level 2 Freediver program.
If a candidate passes the entire L2 FITC, but has not achieved the required depth / performance requirements, they may be eligible to attain Level 1 instructor status (considering they have achieved the minimum requirements for that level).
Subsequent Instructor seminar will have to be taken to achieve instructor status to be able to teach the Level 3 Freediver courses and Specialties.
As a prerequisite prior to applying for Level Level 3 Freediving Instructor course seminar is a requirement to teach and certify a minimum of 25 Level 2 SSI Freediver students.
* All Instructor applicants must also have their own total “Freediving” system of Instructor quality.