SSI INSTRUCTOR CROSSOVER
Only for certified freediving instructors from other agencies
During this crossover you will receive an overview about SSI and learn the SSI Freediving system.
• Ascend from 20m with no mask
• Freedive to 20m and hang for an unknown time then rescue another Freediver from simulated blackout (BO) from that depth
• Endurance examination – max 1min preparation, 5 dives to 20m with 1 min surface interval between dives
• Shallow Water Blackout (SWB) rescue from 20m and demonstrate a 50m tow
• Perform pool disciplines Dynamic (DYN) with BIFINS – minimum 100m
• Perform pool disciplines DYN w/o fins – minimum 50m
• Perform a Static breath-hold minimum of 4:00mins
• Demonstrate Blackout (BO)/Loss of Motor Control (LMC) rescue skills
• Demonstrate proper rope/buoy/lanyard rigging for an open water freediving session
Duration of the course: minimum 3 days
Prerequisites: First Aid/CPR and O2 Provider certificate, professional insurance certificate, medical certificate signed by a doctor, 18 years of age, be a certified instructor for another agency.
The price of the course depends on the candidates abilities. Daily charge 120 euro per day, minimum 3 days.
This price does not includes SSI fees: Instructor Kit and certification (190 euro) and one-off SSI registration (80 euro)